View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 12:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Weaning off

I've done this a couple of times now over the last 10 years. I've done it of my own volition as I hate taking the drugs, and once I'm off them I've been so proud of myself, gone to the doctors and been told off and put straight back in them.
I've never heard the term "drug holiday" I'm speechless, it just reinforces to me where 90% of these doctors think we are drug users taking them for choice and choice alone, not driven by pain.
I fluffed about on another post somewhere about an article that had been published that ended with "if doctors spent more time talking to the patients, interacting and establishing a dialogue we would be able to get to the root of our problem and potentially get over it" I did say on my posting that I may have misinterpreted the article as my mind is not as sharp as it used to be having had so many anaesthetics, had the seizures and taken the dreaded drug Xanax so maybe some of you could take a look at the article and my posting and share your valuable opinions with me.
Becky, I think you are braver than brave to continue with a Dr that will not use sedation for procedures, yes I've had many small steroid injection procedures in my PM office suite that didn't require sedation and they didn't really hurt much and I'm happy to have those done without sedation. But the RF and nerve blockers done under fluoroscopy.... since I had the "totally awake" one at the SKG X-ray where I cried and they could hear me in the waiting room, I've always since been sedated for those ones. They injected directly into the nerves and the man doing it said it was good I was feeling the pain as it meant they got the correct spot. All you who do this without sedation you have my utmost admiration.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-22-2014), Hana (03-26-2014), Mark56 (03-26-2014), Rrae (06-12-2014)