View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 08:17 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaJune View Post
I've done this a couple of times now over the last 10 years. I've done it of my own volition as I hate taking the drugs, and once I'm off them I've been so proud of myself, gone to the doctors and been told off and put straight back in them.
I've never heard the term "drug holiday" I'm speechless, it just reinforces to me where 90% of these doctors think we are drug users taking them for choice and choice alone, not driven by pain.
I fluffed about on another post somewhere about an article that had been published that ended with "if doctors spent more time talking to the patients, interacting and establishing a dialogue we would be able to get to the root of our problem and potentially get over it" I did say on my posting that I may have misinterpreted the article as my mind is not as sharp as it used to be having had so many anaesthetics, had the seizures and taken the dreaded drug Xanax so maybe some of you could take a look at the article and my posting and share your valuable opinions with me.
Becky, I think you are braver than brave to continue with a Dr that will not use sedation for procedures, yes I've had many small steroid injection procedures in my PM office suite that didn't require sedation and they didn't really hurt much and I'm happy to have those done without sedation. But the RF and nerve blockers done under fluoroscopy.... since I had the "totally awake" one at the SKG X-ray where I cried and they could hear me in the waiting room, I've always since been sedated for those ones. They injected directly into the nerves and the man doing it said it was good I was feeling the pain as it meant they got the correct spot. All you who do this without sedation you have my utmost admiration.
I understand your frustration
Clearly
And it allows us
Unwillingly to become
addicted to the drug
A neurologist I had gone to
Put me on Lyrica
A dangerous drug for me
My daughter Saraeve my epilectic baby
33is on it
It was brandy new to the market
A killer for myself when I explained
To him that there was an unusual feeling
I describe it as being in a pool of water
A feeling of not being in my own body
Not labeled yet
Turns out there is a high (very dangerous)
And ordered me to take it
That was the last of him
I wound up having blisters in mouth
Then my hands the skin was peeling
When stopping the drug all my nails had a dent
In them
Dear friend
To have a disco gram and meylo gram
No Meds I'm done over done
My last MRI was the last of it all
To have such a horrible diagnosis
And three doctors tell me follow the oncologist
Findings my blood work is great
Makes sense
But every three months
Not to have a definitive
What the blank is going on
Had enuf of it all
This is going on for four years now
Done as done can be
Wishing all well
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hana (03-28-2014), Mark56 (03-26-2014), PamelaJune (03-22-2014), Rrae (06-12-2014)