View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:59 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, sometimes. Depends on the day. Some flares are horrid which causes the toes to swell and turn bright red, sometimes it is my heel, or side of foot. Sometimes it is not too bad and I can avoid the painful swelling. There is no rhyme or reason to it, what sets it off, what helps, how bad, its a crap shoot.

Biofreeze ONLY works for me if I use a fan along with it. By itself it does nothing for me.

Heat of ANY kind will send me into a flare, a too hot shower or even a warm shower, it must be quick. Wearing shoes, walking on carpet, or nothing at all can send it into a flare, no rhyme or reason but heat is definately evil for me.

When the toes and foot swells it is worse cuz it hurts so bad. I will stick my foot into cold water, it wont make it go away but it breaks the pain and brings down swelling fast, then I will put it in front of a fan. But cold cold water is great for stopping the painful swell quick.

I also find the spray can biofreeze works better for me than the gel or roll on. Others here say different but for me, the spray is colder and ONLY with a fan does it remotely help.
Stacy2012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote