View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 12:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jana,

They aren't supposed to ration healthcare due to your age, but they do. My husbands mother is in her seventies and was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2012. They told her they would treat her symptoms and her life expectancy would be 2-3 years. They kicked up a stink and she's now getting treatment and is doing exceptionally well on it.

The thing with any healthcare provider is not to accept NO for an answer. The gentleman you spoke about should be having his B12 checked but many doctors don't think to check it unless you specifically ask.

B12 should also be checked in those with mental health conditions as low B12 can be the cause, along with thyroid issues. It seems that only a few doctors are cottoning on to this. Its a crying shame as so much money is being wasted when there is in fact a quick fix.

Rach x
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome,Post Prandial Hypotension, Orthostatic Intolerance, Arrythmia, unstable blood pressure, severe autonomic nervous system dysfunction ,Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3,Gastroparesis,IBS,Hidradenitis supprativa
And Myasthenia is still a possible diagnosis depending on which Dr I see.

My blog address is

Lord, grant me the serenity to acceptThe things I cannot change,The courage to change The things I can,
And the wisdom to hideThe bodies of Doctors I shot
When they said,"You're perfectly healthy,
It's All In Your Head."
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-22-2014), jana (03-23-2014)