View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 01:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

And this is where you and I diverge, Mrs D! And, yes, I've read the thread and studies.

I had been taking B12 and I was still deficient (before it was diagnosed). It was only until I began taking sublingual B12 that my numbers went up and my symptoms decreased.

Studies are great, but not all patients fit into an algorithm. And, in my opinion, that is one main reason why so many doctors fail.

Those same types of studies say that all MG patients should test positive on a SFEMG. Dangerous.

Studies say that if you're the third child, you won't be as successful. Nonsense. I'm a third child.

Studies said that the world was flat, that bloodletting got rid of a bad behavior, that mammograms don't reduce cancer deaths . . .

Should a patient with heart problems swallow a nitro tab for the best possible outcome? (I realize that the drug isn't meant to be swallowed, I'm only making a point.)

Some doctors in the UK apparently equate substandard medicine to optimum care. All patients deserve the best possible care.

The only thing a patient should be focused on is whether or not they have a disease state and what treatment modalities work for THEM, as an individual, and given their own unique set of physical circumstances.

Declaring an absolute doesn't really suit you, Mrs. D!

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 03-22-2014 at 02:59 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (03-23-2014), sandy56 (03-24-2014)