View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 09:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'd like to suggest you find a really good ophthalmologist, someone who has state of the art equipment who can see if you have an diseases or issues in or near your eye. I recently found a new eye doc and I am astounded at what he finds and how much he has helped me. I would also recommend a good pain mgmt doctor. I have found with neurologists, if it is not something blatantly showing on an MRI, or other test, they can be dismissive. Just my personal experience.

Just last week, I got a wicked headache and neck ache like I have never had before( I however do have a long history of chronic pain). I used to have classic migraines but these seemed different. I went to see my regular pain mgmt doc who did say they were a form of migraine possibly triggered by a cervical disc problem I have and I am scheduled for testimg next week. In the meantime, He put me on a combo of triptans for migraine, flexeril for muscle relaxer and anti flam called Zipsor, which was new to me. I had been suffering and was in bed for 4 days and this combo worked to dampen the pain so I was at least functional again. I do want to say that I also take Norco and Lyrica daily for chronic pain.

Are the docs giving you any dx at all? It is hard to suggest things not knowing. I guess the good news is, if you have had MRI's of your head, it is not a cyst or tumor or aneurysm.
There are do many things that could be causing it.

I am sorry you have not found relief and have been suffering so much. It is so frustrating and frightening when the pain endures and no answers are found. If the meds are helping, why not stay on them until a dx is found?
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PamelaJune (03-27-2014)