View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 10:44 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncybabs View Post
Hi, I've been through what you're being asked to do. Just take a moment, if you are still in pain despite being on a shed load of meds, then they aren't doing the job for which they're intended. It's hard, but if it helps you get on the right cocktail, then it is worth it. Saying that, at the moment, for me, nothing is helping that much. The morphine, the oxy, or whatever you're on is intended for end of life pain management, yet our doctors hear we are in pain, so they either dole out more, or put you on something else.
At the moment, I'm on more meds now that I was before I had my SCS implant! Where is the logic in that. I'm reducing my morphine at the moment, I truly do know how hard it is to come off everything. Been there, done that and born the scars etc. You never know, it might be short term pain for long term gain. Please don't think I'm being flippant, I do know how hard it is, I'm on a whole cocktail of meds, but they're not doing the job. Take care of yourself, reduce slowly, if you can't go at the speed your PM wants, stay at the level you can bear for a few days. Baby steps is my best advice. There are new drugs on the market all the time, and they might work better for you, but you can't find out without coming off your current ones. I wish you luck, and hope that the new meds give the relief that you need. oh, I've also been told about hyper analgesia, and apparently that is the state that I'm in at the moment.
praying and thinking of you
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hana (03-26-2014), Mark56 (03-26-2014), PamelaJune (03-23-2014), Rrae (06-12-2014)