View Single Post
Old 03-22-2014, 11:03 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh_ac View Post
Well an update... made the trip to see the shrink and pain doc. USED to be across the parking lot, but GUESS WHAT???!!!?? They moved the Friday before my appointment.... went something like this.. ME: plenty early ya know old nutty nurse OCD and all.. stroll up to the office door 15 min early, after all I just drove 4 hours and had consumed the appropriate dosage of Diet Dew (everybody needs a vice) door locked....ummm office opens @8:30 now 10.....no lights on.... check cell phone yes indeed it is Monday... call clinic maybe they had a meeting... GEORGE: hello you have reached Dr pushum Psych Drugs office, may I help you? ME: This is Nutty Nurse I have a 10:15 apt and your door is locked GEORGE: Ohhh I bet they didn't call you we moved Friday ME: ( hmm had they called me I would be where you are) (sweetly) "no, no one from your office called me Friday,.... Dr SCS office called to confirm my apt but not your office, what is your new address? GEORGE: Well you go back to supercrowded main street and turn east.... go 38 blocks turn south, turn west on the second alley for 3/4 a block and we are the last office on the south.. you need to be here by your apt time or will have to reschedule ME: I JUST DROVE 4 HOURS TO SEE DR PUSHEM!!!!! GEORGE: Well yes but if you are not on time you will have to reschedule....ME: naughty naughty naughty words. Jump into the nonflying nurse mobile... SCM is 15 blocks north of me..... 15 min later I fly down dr alley....walk in 2 min late GEORGE (appearing shocked): Well you made it but you are a couple min late.... ME: (demon straitening my need for meds) I WILL SEE DR PUSHUM... YOU MOVED NOT MY FAULT!!!! Dr Pushem appears at doorway DR: well I see you are a little late but maybe I can fit you in...... So that was that day. Saw Dr SCS agreed that ablation was yet again be needed, but I will wait until I'm sure I wont have to retest and cannot get around it.
Soo that was that week. Interviewed for new job got the "we'll let you know next week" Monday I was assigned again to direct pt care, 4 pts 20+ before 8am meds, 4 showers to be given in that time also, none able to shower themselves, 2 need 2+ max assist just to transfer. Took 2 min out to type my resignation and slide it under the DON's door. Spent most of am being behind in all things, lunch break Hiding in OR locker room wishing I could find a whirlpool or something stronger then the OTC's I can take and work after lunch called to office, agreed to resend resignation on the agreement that I will be allowed lesser load to maintain my job under ADA accommodations. was up all night tending my screaming body called in ill once again. Got the telephone call did not get new position that would reduce the strain on my old bod
Soo,,,, tomorrow I venture to work, do not really expect to see anything different... so will plan on reinstating my resignation.
so freaking sorry
so sorry
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (03-26-2014), Rrae (03-29-2014)