View Single Post
Old 03-23-2014, 10:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Limpy,

I'm the same I do not absorb Vitamin B12 due to having intermittent gastroparesis ( paralysed stomach) . When I was most deficient I had a diet high in B12 lots of eggs, dairy etc but due to the gastroparesis I just wasn't absorbing it in high enough quantities to get my levels back up again.

I also have pernicious anaemia running in my family so my levels are checked once a year and if I am symptomatic more often.

I now take a sublingual form of B12 and that has helped raise my levels.

Deficiencies in B12 are common in patients with gastroparesis and should be checked in patients who are complaining of symptoms of gastroparesis.

Any of you that suffer migraines will also suffer from transient gastroparesis that just lasts while you have the migraine ( sorry to go off on a tangent) that's why when you get your warning sign of a migraine starting you need to take your medication straight away or you may not benefit from it at all. Just to share this tip!

So if you get a lot of migraines eg several a week it maybe worth getting g B12 levels checked. See there was a point to it! Lol!

Rach x
Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome,Post Prandial Hypotension, Orthostatic Intolerance, Arrythmia, unstable blood pressure, severe autonomic nervous system dysfunction ,Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Type 3,Gastroparesis,IBS,Hidradenitis supprativa
And Myasthenia is still a possible diagnosis depending on which Dr I see.

My blog address is

Lord, grant me the serenity to acceptThe things I cannot change,The courage to change The things I can,
And the wisdom to hideThe bodies of Doctors I shot
When they said,"You're perfectly healthy,
It's All In Your Head."
rach73 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (03-23-2014), jana (03-23-2014)