View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 09:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSDEmily View Post
Ever since ive been diagnosed with rsd my teeth have gone bad. I am still fighting workers comp for a settlement. I cant work right now and need my teeth fixed. Has anyone found a way to have insurance or workers comp help pay for dental Implants? being 25 I dont want dentures I have enough self esteem issues!
Hello RSDEmily,

I am sorry that on top of everything you are having problems with your teeth. It is common to have additional problems in this area especially if medications are making your mouth dry. If that is the case please talk to your pharmacist and/or doctor about saliva products that can help prevent the problem from getting worse.

Getting an insurance company to pay for dental implants is going to be a challenge, sorry. First thing that you would need to do is address your problems with your primary CRPS treating doctor (the one that is most knowledgeable) so that this information is entered into your medical record. They would need to link your teeth issues to CRPS. I would also contact your WC attorney who can better guide you as it might only be possible to have this covered through settlement.

Dental implants can bring on a whole new set of problems especially at your young age. Please be sure to consult with several well known and qualified dentists to ensure that crowns or something else might not be a better solution. If you are having problems with your gums, daily flossing and mouthwash can make dramatic improvements there even after just a few weeks.

Wishing you the best,
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote