View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 11:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default EMG Test Experience

I had my EMG/NCS done in early December of last year. It was not the most pleasant test I have ever had, nor the worst. It was never utterly painful - more of an uncomfortable, short-lived pain. I did not have any after-effects from the test whatsoever - once it was done, it was done, and it didn't negatively effect any of my normal pain or exacerbate any of my issues.

My Neurosurgeon ordered the test to try and determine which of the three messed-up discs in my back was causing the worst of my lower back and leg pain, so that he could do a fusion on just that one, rather than a three-level fusion. The test came back relatively normal, and therefore was not helpful in determining the worst of the three discs. In light of that, he recommended giving the Spinal Cord Stimulator a try in hopes of buying me some time before the inevitable spinal fusion down the road.

Wishing you the best!

=Becky
chrelsey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-26-2014), Hana (03-29-2014), Hannabananna (03-24-2014), Mark56 (03-29-2014), PamelaJune (03-24-2014), Rrae (03-24-2014)