View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 01:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A year on...UPDATE

A year is a long time and a lot happens in our lives I thought this thread was worth updating for anyone wondering if I became worse, better or stayed the same.

I keep a journal on pain scores (three per day) simply put I used to live with a 7 and now I'm living with a 4. The condition has settled I believe mainly due to having learned almost the exact amount I can do in a day in relation to how the hands/arms are when the day starts

The obstacle I've had is not quite been able to achieve repetitive movement over long periods of time but I'm almost there and expect a return to full time work within months or sooner.

I cannot imagine where I would be or what state I would be in had I not met that woman on that day, I was at my worst and needed something/someone and that encounter happened and is without a doubt the defining moment of my life.

Hot water therapy has really helped too but mainly finding the right amount of movement and type of moves for yourself is key.

A year on neither hand/arm has swollen not once, I still find that astounding even today - the disease was clearly trying to progress but didn't.

My hands and arms have some burning going on, some energized uncomfortable sharp feeling, nerves firing but it's like a baby version of what it was and that's fine with me as fellow RSD's will know the 'range' of pain is quite a long spectrum.

Be well!
bfff2020 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (03-25-2014), visioniosiv (03-25-2014)