View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for caring and thinking of me. I wanted to talk to you yesterday after my surgery, but when I tried to get out of bed my I started to bleed from one of the incisions in my belly button. I freaked out and called the dr and they said that was normal and to go lie down. So I did, but am attempting to move again today. So far no blood, but I am very sore. I had my surgery yesterday morning and the dr and hospital staff were awesome. I woke up with some pain from the air they put in my stomach and from the three laproscopic incisions. They gave me extra percs instead of morphine for extra pain, (I don't handle morphine well) which is only to be taken for a short time while I heal. My pm NP said this was okay when I saw her last Thursday. They hit some scar tissue in my stomach from prior surgeries I've had, so the incision in my belly button is a little larger than the others, but thank goodness they didn't have to cut me open any other way then laproscopically. They took my gallbladder out and the surgery lasted about an hour and a half. They showed me pictures of what was inside of my gallbladder. What was supposed to be a few small gallstones turned out to be what looked like over fifty small gallstones and about 5 large ones. OMG. My gallbladder was filled with stones. The dr said it was good I got it out, because I would have had more serious problems if I didn't. I can't believe that when I had the catscan done last year in the ER for severe abdominal pain and last month that only a few small stones showed up. The ER last year told me that they shouldn't be a problem and probably weren't the cause of my pain. No wonder I was in so much pain with my stomach. I still am very sore from the surgery and will be going to lie back down soon, but I wanted to let you all know that I am doing much better without my gallbladder. I hope it helps calm my stomach and rsd down. I have a sore throat from the tube they put in my throat during surgery and had ice cream to help make it feel better, and I didn't get sick from it! Yahoo! I couldn't eat ice cream prior to surgery, because I got terrible gallbladder attacks. I am soooo happy I can eat ice cream again. I want bacon too, but am going to take it slow for a few weeks. I don't feel any spread from my rsd so far (knock on wood). So far, I'm doing better now then I was prior to surgery. Thanks so much again for caring and for your kind words. I am going to lie back down now and take a nap. My stomach is starting to get sore again so I'm going to try to take it easy for a while. I hope you are all doing okay. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. You are like family to me and I am blessed to have you all as my friends. With Much Love, Renee.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (03-25-2014), Lottie (03-25-2014), Nanc (03-25-2014), visioniosiv (03-25-2014), zookester (03-25-2014)