View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 01:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymoo123 View Post
Today i have been thinking about this post and i have a question.... a newbie question! I have been taking Amitriptyline once a day 50ml. I started at 25ml and up my dose a few days ago. Ive had some good days on it and been able to move my hand fairly pain free for the first time since i got RSD and ive been using it to the max! now pain is creeping through, I imagine if i took the drugs away id be in a spot of trouble right now. My quesion is....

How far do you take the pain relief? today my hand felt almost normal as far as pain goes, except for some resting pain and some odd shooting pain in my fingertips and shoulder. This is great. However, we feel pain for a reason and I have only been using my hand to the point of pain. If i cant feel that pain could i make things worse? Thoughts......
My experience has been to move through a little pain, but not to the point of
extreme pain. My P.T. is experienced with this thankfully.
It's been over a year with this for me. I started with an EXTREME case in my
arm & hand. My hand is still contracted, but I've gained about 40% movement
back when I had ZERO. When I started out I'd go to P.T. with a soft sock
& splint on my hand. When they'd take off the sock I'd think they were skinning me alive. So, it is a very slow journey for me to say the least. I've had over 70 P.T. sessions, 22 of them immediately after a nerve block.
Djhasty (04-03-2014)