View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 03:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cold

Peter Edgelow instructs people to measure the temperature of their hands before activities that may cause further injury, such as trying a new exercise. If the temperature of your fingers is cooler after the activity in question than before the activity you should not do the activity as it could cause further harm.

The way he says to do it is to buy from Radio Shack an indoor and out door thermometer. It has a long cord and you hold the end of the cord (which is like a probe) between your thumb and forefinger. He has in his kit a little thermometer that you hold onto called a "thumbometer'

Dr Ellis has a thermography unit that he uses in his initial exam. Everywhere I had pain my skin was cold.

If you are having trouble breathing, please don't take any chances and see your doctor or go to the emergency room.

Before my rib resection I had a problem with my hands getting very cold and swelling and turning blue. Someone here on the braintalk forum suggested I take a baby aspirin 81 mg. I tried it and it really did help and my hands were a little warmer.I ended up taking an adult aspirin twice a day. Dr Saxton was amazed.
After surgery I didn't need it.

I'm not a doc so I'm not recommending aspirin, check with your doctor first.
ocgirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote