View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 03:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

annikasamper,

The injection to numb the upper lateral does not normally affect the lower lateral. But if there are various areas of irritation going on in both the upper and lower jaw... then the anesthetic may spread along the irritated nerves and reach other teeth not normally affected by that injection.

You could have a problem going on at the site of the bone graft where a root canaled tooth use to be. Especially if the site was not thoroughly debrided when the tooth was removed. I mentioned this is my last post to you.

I know this is a very difficult thing to be going through. You need a dentist who will be truthful with you and not hesitate to give you the information that I am giving you. I have known many dental patients to be at their wits end with their dental problems and wind up on all sorts of nerve blocking medications when in fact it was a dental problem all along.

Have you looked in to possibly seeking a dentist who participates in the IAOMT organization? I cannot vouch for every member but generally these dentists/doctors are educated beyond their initial schooling and they understand the risks with root canaled teeth. Here is there website... IAOMT.org

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikasamper View Post
Sorry Bryanna, one more thing.
If I numb the upper area (the bone above the implant) I also get numb in the lower lateral tooth and it is not as sensitive as always in the meanwhile. Does this say something? Is the offending space maybe the bone graft side, were the root canal tooth used to be?
Sorry but I need help and good advice.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote