View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Eev, Thank you for your caring message. I am glad you are going to your dr tomorrow to decide a date for your surgery. I don't have a scs so I don't know what the dr will say about that and surgery, but I'm sure he can help you and it's good you told him about the scs. I told my dr about the two prior abdominal surgeries I had for endometriosis. The were an oopherectomy and hysterectomy and he said that he may have to work around scar tissue I may have had from those surgeries. He did have to make a bigger incision laproscopically in my belly button because of scar tissue there, and then he had to cut into the muscle there to get to my gallbladder, but stitched it up afterwards. It's a little more sore than the other two incisions which are on my upper right side and just below my rib cage, but it's worth a little more pain if I got this diseased gallbladder out with all it stones. My stomach is very sore and I'm taking extra pain pills for it for a short while, (but NO ADVIL). I am done with that stuff. It really did a number on my stomach. And after I heal from this I am going to cut back on some other meds if I can, like the percocets. Also hard on stomach, even if the drs disagree. My stomach says otherwise. Anyway, even with the pain, it was worth getting the gallbladder out. I believe it not only caused me problems with eating but aggravated my rsd. So if your dr can get yours out (even with your scs) then personally I would say it's well worth it. I already can eat without problems and my rsd so far still has not spread and seems to have calmed down a bit. Just make sure your dr knows of all past surgeries you may have had and of course the scs which he already knows about. I will pray for you eve that you can get this done soon and will heal quickly and feel better. I know it's scary. I was scared too, but with the faith I have in God, the support of my husband and son (who I must say have been very caring throughout this surgery), the support of the drs, nurses and hospital staff and the support of my awesome friends here on this forum, I found the strength to go through with this surgery, despite fear of rsd spread, with the hopes that I will wake up feeling better and healthier. And knock on wood again, so far, I have been feeling better. I know you will too. Just keep the faith my friend and remember that I am always here for you if you want to talk, just like everyone else here always is. If I can figure it out I will try to post some pictures of my stomach and gallbladder after surgery, if it doesn't gross you guys out too much. If it does, I won't. It's very interesting. (I know it's gross, but still intrigues me.) Anyway, as always my thoughts and prayers are with all of you always. I'm going to go back to sleep now. I'm pooped! Love, Renee.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (03-26-2014), Lottie (03-26-2014)