View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 10:19 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi chriso,

Do not blow your nose because if you have a sinus perforation you could enlarge it or prevent it from healing closed. Do not drink through a straw or drag on a cigarette for the same reasons.

If you are still very swollen today as you were last night, it is best to see the oral surgeon today to evaluate it. There should be NO charge for this visit even if he prescribes medication. Ask him if there was a perforation into the sinus with this tooth or the other tooth that you had mentioned and how big it was.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriso View Post
I had an upper molar extracted the other day(1.5 days ago). The dentist had some trouble getting it out,ended up stitching it up with 3 stitches. No pain meds,prescribed sudifed (sp). My girlfriend noticed tonight that my whole right side of my face is incredibly swollen,like even around my nose and under my eye. To me this seems sort of problematic,when it was just in the general area of the extraction,I guess it didn't bother me so much. The communication I believe was with another tooth,he had to section the tooth and remove it in 4 pieces. So my question is first off,is this sort of swelling normal? Do I go back to him tomorrow and give him more money,for him to prescribe something else,I have to go back next monday to remove the stitches also. I blew my nose earlier,and could like feel it in my mouth. Also the bleeding kind of lasted like 6 hours,on and off. Any help?
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote