View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 10:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglogirl View Post
Thank you for responding to my thread I really appreciate.
You seem to know so much about nerves.

I did ask for a copy of the report today and I am happy the support group and yourself know how to interpet them.

In late October, I told my Primary Dr. that I was having issues with my feet that they felt like electric currents, burned, felt like I was walking on water, sometimes felt like walking on marbles and plus a couple times I woke up from them having some kinds of spasm (don't have the spasms anymore)
The tops burn, feels like electrical currents and walking on marbles seem to be an every day occurrence.

My Primary Dr. tested the bottom of my foot and asked me if I felt it and I said yes and so he says to me you have Neuropathy from the diabetes and prescribed Lyrica.

I took one pill of the Lyrica and didn't care for it so I called and then he prescribed Gabapentin.

By this time I said I have had enough of this and made an appt with a Neurologist that was in February and the app is finally coming up April 18.

Last week I had an appt with my Primary for routine work and we talked about the medication and so forth I am on for the Neuropapthy and then he says why don't I have a test done before seeing the Neruologist the EMG test.

I had that done on Monday and the Dr. get the results right away and calls me a couple hours later.

What they tested was my right foot all the way up to my right hip with the machine that zaps then they tested the same areas with the needles.

The Dr. asked my if I had back problems and my back hurts off and on it has been that way since my 30's it's not unbearable but it is uncomfortable maybe I'm used to it.

What I don't understand is the Dr calls to let me know I have extensive nerve damage and asks about my back and lets get you in for an MRI

I ask him how extensive and that when he cuts me off and says lets wait for the MRI results for your back. That is scheduled already for the 1st week in April.

I just want to know what does extensive mean the way he originally brushed it aside in October (you have diabetic neuropathy take these pills and good bye)

Now I have the test done I know longer have it done he's on the phone with you have extensive nerve damage and lets get an MRI done. W

I knew I had Neuropathy he told me that I am on the Lyrica and take vitamins galore too many too mention plus the Percocet for pain.

It the way he handled this that has me really upset and concerned.

This extensive nerve damage isn't that what we all talk about the burning, walking on fire, electrical shock, zaps, feels like a glove on the area.

Is he talking about something I already know or is this a lot more serious.
What is the difference between Diabetic Neuropathy and Extensive Nerve Damage?
Anyone have any thought about this situation.
The MRI for the back is lower part of the back.
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote