View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 01:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
I was tested almost 3 months after my accident when my PT kept suspecting a concussion. I was told not to work out the morning before my afternoon appointment - I didn't ask why, but I'm assuming they didn't want me to start out fatigued. The first time I did the IMPACT testing on a computer, and I think I filled out a survey on how my injury was impacting my life. Then I had a 2nd appointment that was "paper and pencil" - looking at line drawings and reconstructing them in proper order, drawing a continuous line from A to Z or 1-something (I forget which, but the letters/numbers were placed randomly on the page) and some other similar drills. Then I did some face-to-face testing with the Neuropsychologist that included things like her giving me a string of numbers and me trying to recite them back to her, listing as many words in 60 seconds that started with the letter she gave me, etc. Like Mark said, it's nothing you can study for, but I wanted to know what to expect just to help keep my anxiety level down!
mdiane630 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote