View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 02:35 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default MP problem, need help

Hello everyone,

I am a 26 year old male, extremely healthy, and it was a shock to me to find out that I have MP, since its usual causes are being over weight (I'm fit), have diabetes (I don't) and tight clothing.

Out of no where, I started waking up with a numb left thigh. The problem then escalated to become excruciating pain in the middle of the night, that literally feels like a bullet hit you in the thigh. That happened 5 times in one night.

I went directly to a neurologist the next morning, and came to realize that I have MP. It was caused by heavy weight squatting at the gym which caused this problem.

The doc prescribed pain killers for 15 days, then he told me to stop them and do nothing about it.

Well it did get better after 15 days, and now it has been 2 months. The thing is, if i dance, run, or exhaust my self in anyway, I get the same tingling feeling, and the same pain. It never really left, it just goes and comes back.

I just did yoga and couldn't even finish the class, cause it was creeping back. And as i write this, i have a feeling that it is worst than it was an hour ago! way worst.

SO my question is, how do I treat this problem? Are there any recommended exercises? Any books online to buy? Any help would be appreciated.

thank you.
hishama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote