View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Confused Complex Partial and Nocturnal Seizures

Hi all,
I was diagnosed with complex partial seizures in July 2013 at 16. Then in November 2013 my neurologist also diagnosed me with nocturnal seizures. I currently take 150mg lamtical(lamotrogine) twice daily. As i have had to increase the dosage from 100mg twice daily to my current dosage i have been feeling different in myself, feeling more tired during the day, waking up 3-4 times a night, my seizures also feel slightly different. I do not see my neurologist until June 2014 so i don't know wether to try for an earlier appointment?

Before lamatical i was having up to 8 absent seizures daily and sleep up to 12-18 hours everyday as nocturnal seizures took a massive effect on my body. When i suspected a seizure it was because my mum couldnt wake me up 30-45 minutea later and was severely disoriented after, it was like i was dead to the world which was really worrying. Now i have around 1 absent seizure daily and have 3-4 possible nocturnal seizures during the night and when i have a 1-2 hour nap during the day.

My nocturnal seizures at the beginning consisted of out of body experiences, sometimes it felt as if i was in sleep paralysis as i couldnt wake up but could hear and smell everything around me, my body severely ached in the morning all over and i had a constant headache for about 2-3 days afterwards. Now my nocturnal seizures have the same effect but they seem to be changing since my dosage was increased. Now i have been struggling to stay asleep, having nightmares which when i wake i cannot breathe and have palpitations for around 15 minutes. I have also been having dreams within dreams in which i dream of having grand mal seizures like when i was little, which scare me alot as i think i may be leading up to one. Recently i am having strange auras like seeing, smelling and hearing things that arent there? also having a lot of deja vu and have dialated pupils when i feel like i am going to have a seizure.

I guess the reason why i am posting here today is to try and grasp some knowledge of what may be going on and to see if others are going through the same thing. I do not have a good support network and people around me do not seem to understand. If anyone has any input i would be truly thankful!
brooke96 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote