View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 08:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good Morning IH8PN

I'm right there with you on symptoms constantly changing

Both of my big toes get the electrical currents in them.....when it hits I actually have to hold my toe until it subsides. Drives me crazy. All of this started in my feet, moved to my hands, then right upper arm and now....legs and left arm. My teeth hurt, my tongue is numb all the time and my jaws hurt on and off.

This is a frustrating condition. I do know the cause of my SFN. Diabetes and then 6 rounds of chemo (carbo/taxol). Today is the 1 year anniversary of my last chemo treatment. My symptoms started almost exactly 1 month later so I'm going on a year of trying very hard to deal with all of this.

I miss working, I miss being able to plan anything ! I never know how I'm going to feel from one day to the next. Right now I'm on 1800 mg a day of gaba and 90 mg of Cymbalta. Still having to take vicodin every 3 hours and add Xanax when I'm totally ready to scream from the pain. I know it's a slow process with my neuro. I see him every 6 weeks. I actually got worse when he increased my Cymbalta from 60 to 90 but it was probably just a coincidence. I go back to him in 2 weeks....not sure how high he can go on the Cymbalta but I'm not where I want to be. My guess is that if the Cymbalta doesn't do it he'll take it away and add lyrica. Who knows ?

My head is spinning today so I don't even know if I'm making any sense...lol

Can anyone tell me what the top dosage of Cymbalta is ?

Thanks for listening.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote