View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 11:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Kathie

Thanks for your reply, I am on Mestinon 90mg 5xper day....but I seemed to go downhill on the 90mg and so I dropped it back down to 60mg, it doesn't resolve my weakness but does improve it a little and is better than the chest pressure I was getting with the 90mg! I keep wondering if I had a virus around the time I increased the dose and I am toying with the idea of trying to up it again incase it wasn't down to the mestinon? Ever since that flare up my voice gets very weak now as I talk which is odd!

My Neuro said steroids/immunosuppressants would be the next step and he indicated that he felt my case warranted a "therapeutic trial" regardless of the SFEMG results....but the letter to my GP said he wouldn't do the trial without further evidence....so I am confused?! I don't know if he is just covering himself on the letter as all tests have not been done (he said something about there being things he can and things he cannot say but he felt we were able to have a frank and honest discussion?) who knows?!

My Neuro has always been confident the MG is my diagnosis...and from the research I have done, I completely agree! I just hope I am being too sensitive about the letter and that he does what he has always said he would do which is to help me and that a negative test would not change my diagnosis or how he would treat me?

I suppose I am just arming myself with as much evidence I can find to support the diagnosis and these consistent low levels of ACHR antibodies are the best I've got right now....I just don't know what they mean?!

Thanks again.
Eve.x
Unsure81 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote