View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 01:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you Glenntaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--damage to the axons (fibers, as opposed to myelin insulation) in a number of nerves in your lower extremities, which is typical of lower limb nerve damage caused by diabetes.

The reason for the MRI, I think, is the phrase " A superimposed right lumbosacral motor radiculopathy cannot be fully excluded." This indicates there is some evidence that some of your symptoms may be due to compression of nerve roots on the right side of your lumbar/sacral spine. (A radiculopathy is a compression of nerve roots adjacent to the spine--"radic" is Latin for "root".)

It's not unusual for some people to have neuropathy from some systemic cause, such as diabetes, made worse by additional nerve compression. This is, in fact, referred to as a "double crush syndrome" in which an already compromised nerve tract is further damaged by mechanical compression and the symptoms may actually be greater than the presumed sum of the parts (once a nerve is damaged it doesn't take much compression to really cause it problems).
Hi What do the doctors do for the damaged nerves will they heal? Will they get worse?
Do you have any information of what happens from here.

I think you are absolutely correct when you say many nerves are damaged and they suspect a radiculopathy.

This is very scary and I am very upset. I can live with I have now if it won't heal (no choice) but if I can prevent it from getting worse I want to do what ever it takes.

Last edited by uglogirl; 03-27-2014 at 01:51 PM. Reason: misspelled word
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote