View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 05:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Diandra.

First, I will say: I hope you get some good pain relief from what procedure you and your physician decide to have done for you.

I*, my self, had 2 Epidural Steroid Injections for herniated C6-7 disc with left arm radiculopathy. This procedure was some years ago, and ir was done at an outpaitient surgical center. Thinking back, I am pretty sure it was done under brief general anesthesia.

I must also say, I do not know much about Facet Joint Injection, and have never had it done.

Last, but not least, I must say that the Epidural Steroid Injections did not help- me one bit. I used to say, that I think this procedure is wasteful, and overpriced.

Bur I have heard that this can be very individual. It can help for some, and not for others.
I think you are in your right to assess the situation, find out about the other procedure, and then you and your physician can make a choice.

I also agree with you regarding the doctors wanting to make the choice for the patients in order to suite their (often) financial benefits.
But this may not be the case here. As I said, this other procedure might be right for you.
But if you and the doctor wait for the MRI result, and then sit down to discuss it, then you might be better able to make the right disision.
Also take into concideration that it will give you some extra time to explain to the doctor that what procedure you hadf before, had helped you.

There is another point to remember that I think is important: It is always good to know that when one has a invasive risky procedure, it is done in a safe hospital invironment.

Good luck with your procedure.

Synnove
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Diandra (03-31-2014)