View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 07:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

JaySmitty,

The "blister" is not a blister. It is a fistula and it is not superficial on just the gum tissue. It is the draining head of a very deep infection in the jaw bone. NO, do not lance it with anything. Also avoid using listerine for any reason at any time as this is nothing more than a toxic mixture of chemicals, dyes, and preservatives. In spite of how this product is marketed, there are no therapeutic benefits to using Listerine whatsoever.

The antibiotic has only temporarily subsided the symptoms. The tooth is infected and the only way to get rid of the infection is to remove the tooth. There is no dental procedure or medication that will cure the infection as the bacteria that is causing the infection is brewing inside of the tiny canals inside of the tooth. These canals cannot be cleaned out or reached with medication.

Drilling a hole into the tooth is done to reduce the pressure from the infection. But the pressure will build up again and again because the tooth is infected. The fistula may get a smaller but it will fill up again because the infection is in the jaw bone and it's draining through the fistula.

Did your dentist give you the option of removing this tooth? That truly is the only way to rid yourself of the infection.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmitty33 View Post
Friday i had a real bad swollen jaw, *i posted earlier* i started antibiotics on saturday ammox 500mg 3 times a day. Was sore till today swelling went down a lot but there is still a bump on my gum from where it's still abscessed however the cheeck swelling went down that was very painfull. My question is can i pop the blister with a steralized lance? It doesn't seem to want to go down. I have listerine to rinse my mouth out after i do it. I went to the dentist on Tuesday and he drilled a hole in the tooth let it drain *it stunk really bad* and then i went back today for a medicated filling. He used this syringe thing and then put some filling over top of it. I asked him if he could pop that blister but he said antibiotics would take it down. I really don't see why he didn't pop the blister because that's what hurts and not the actual tooth. Anyone know best thing to do? I feel like the dentist jerks me around sometimes and doesn't realize the pain.

Last edited by Bryanna; 03-28-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (04-13-2014)