View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Long term care insurance

Wasn't sure if this belonged on the MS type forum or over here since it pertains to both. I was reading an article last night on the myths of retirement and it said that although we may think we have enough saved for retirement, many don't. It also talked about the importance of long term care insurance. So that is my question. Does anyone have it, what is the average premium. I googled long term care insurance asking what the average premium is and I couldn't believe it is as high as it is. It suggested that you start this in your 40's. Whoops, I'm 64 and hubbie 65, almost 66. Premiums for people in the 60s are less than those in the 70's where it is the highest so I figured i better get some info on this. Does medicare not pay for any long term care if there is a medical need for it??? I know that it completely covers something like 5 weeks but no coverage at all after that. Medicaid would not be an option for us because of our retirement savings which we have worked hard to get to where it is and thought that we were doing OK.

doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Erika (03-29-2014), ewizabeth (03-29-2014), Kitty (03-28-2014), SallyC (03-28-2014), St George 2013 (03-28-2014)