Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 01:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Update time: I'll start with a little good news. The first symptom that really took my breath away early on in the PN progression was a deep ache in my foot. It has been noticeabley down lately allowing me to stand on my feet for longer periods at home.

The bad news is I really can not stand shoes and socks. The counters of any pretty much any shoe bother me and make my feet feel "lumpy" That symptom has really been getting worse lately and its frustrating. Same goes for socks. Just can't wear them. Too tight and feel like sand paper not matter the material. Have to wear thin dress socks and a combination of shoe insoles just to make it through the day at work. I worry I may never be able to walk normally in shoes ever again. very depressing.

Burning comes any goes but hasn't been too bad. More of a symptom exacerbated by shoes and socks. I'm mostly fine when barefoot, although sometimes my feet will feel really cold out of nowhere for no reason it seems. Extremity parenthesis hasn't been much of an issue recently, but is not gone. Maybe medication or vitamin suppressed for now.

I was really stuck on the idea that my PN was only small fiber, but as time goes on I feel like deeper nerves in my foot are affected. Something about the deep ache and positional sense my feet feel in different environment. I don't have any science based reasons for this hunch, just a gut feeling for now that I plan on investigating further.

Started gabapentin last week 300mgx3. Can't say I've noticed much relief, although maybe it's helped with burning which really hasn't been my top complaint anyway. Still on Nortriptyline 30mg, but I'm still thinking of tapering off that because symptoms have progressed since I started taking it and I want to see how I feel without it.

I'm awaiting my NCS in 3 weeks and until then won't have any further testing. So for now I continue the supplements, stay off the booze, and keep my fingers crossed that everyday is better than the one before.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (03-28-2014)