View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 03:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Renee,

As AZDi says, get in to see someone as soon as you can. It's very unlikely, but I know from my own surgery (although it didn't happen to me) that you can have a slight leak from the bile duct while things are still raw and healing. It might well not be that, but it's definitely not worth leaving something like that so soon after surgery. Any decent doc would want to know. Contact the surgeon who did the op for you and let him/his secretary know - they might be able to reassure you. If you can't contact them quickly, then see a doc.

It could be your surgical site shouting a bit while it's healing, it could be a nerve in the area just being a bit annoyed because of the CRPS (which does after all make all our nerves a bit hyper), it could be a surgical complication. The only way of finding out which is by talking to a doc - preferably the surgeon, as the most likely cause of this is something to do with the surgery.

Try not to panic - I know anything new like this is very scary, especially so soon after a procedure, but the chances are its nothing awful. You've had a tough time in that area for a while - your body is still very sensitive there, and it doesn't take much to annoy it! Just eat and drink small amounts at a time today, of pretty bland, basic and naturally low fat food, just until you've got some reassurance.

I'll be thinking of you, and hoping this is a minor irritation only. Let us know what happens....but contact your surgeon today and at least leave an urgent message for him. He'd want to know.

Take care and good luck.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (03-29-2014), Hana (03-28-2014), RSD ME (03-28-2014), visioniosiv (03-28-2014)