View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 08:44 AM

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member

Location: I'm from San Diego,CA!I'm stuck in Utah now, I will get back to the BEACH ASAP!It's my"Happy Place"!
15 yr Member
Thumbs Up

Thanks,when I write,the words just flow through me,it doesn't seem to take much thought,it just comes natural.I've been writing since Junior High school,I used to win short story contests,but the poetry was always just a coping skill,and the way I expressed my feelings in my diary.Each poem I've shared or ever written(other than the one for BMW)is just a page from my diary,and the hospital one,that was just a spur of the moment thing! But the more I wrote,the more the words just came.I did hit a period of writers block,at one point in my life,when I was so stressed that I couldn't even think straight,and it was hard for me,not being able to write.So I thank God for giving me this gift,because I've felt what it feels like when it's gone!
I feel like when you're given a gift,it's only right to share it with others.Even though some people have to buy the books some are in,if they contacted me,I would send them a copy for free!
Just like "The Road to Recovery",it's circulating throughout the AA program in my county and the next one over,at no charge! I knew they were having a huge all day function,picnic thing,so I made tons of copies,and sent them to both counties to put out on the tables where the flyers were so whoever wanted them,had free copies! And I heard they went like hot cakes! My landlord is the head of the AA program in this county,so he took them there for me.My brother passed copies around the county jail,and it's become popular thier to,more inmates have been willing to go to rehab,after reading my poem,and that makes me feel like I'm not a failure! It helped me stay clean and sober,so I wanted to help others to!

Justice
Quote:
"You Can Do Anything You Put Your Mind To." -*My Dad*-
Justice is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote