View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 08:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
JaySmitty,

The "blister" is not a blister. It is a fistula and it is not superficial on just the gum tissue. It is the draining head of a very deep infection in the jaw bone. NO, do not lance it with anything. Also avoid using listerine for any reason at any time as this is nothing more than a toxic mixture of chemicals, dyes, and preservatives. In spite of how this product is marketed, there are no therapeutic benefits to using Listerine whatsoever.

The antibiotic has only temporarily subsided the symptoms. The tooth is infected and the only way to get rid of the infection is to remove the tooth. There is no dental procedure or medication that will not cure the infection as the bacteria that is causing the infection is brewing inside of the tiny canals inside of the tooth. These canals cannot be cleaned out or reached with medication.

Drilling a hole into the tooth is done to reduce the pressure from the infection. But the pressure will build up again and again because the tooth is infected. The fistula may get a smaller but it will fill up again because the infection is in the jaw bone and it's draining through the fistula.

Did your dentist give you the option of removing this tooth? That truly is the only way to rid yourself of the infection.

Bryanna

Thanks Bryanna,
Well i was rubbing on my jaw real hard one day and the next day it puff out like crazy it started hurting when it was swollen. I assume when i rubbed on my jaw it popped the abcess under the tooth that's the only thing i can think of that would have made it do that. No my dentist did not mention pulling the tooth. They said that tooth can be saved by root canal. I personally never had a root canal but my mom and dad have and they both said they never had any pain or problems since the canal. My tooth don't even hurt it's the bump. So there is no way to drain out the infection at all? I wish there was because i don't like all that nasty stuff trapped in my jaw. I know i could get the tooth pulled but i just worry about keep losing more teeth i am only 33 i had to get my bicuspid pulled on my upper tooth and im am not sure how my body will react to an implant. However i do want the infection gone.
JaySmitty33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote