Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 09:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8PN View Post
Had to sit down for a minute and document my day. I woke up feeling my normal PN pains. Sensitive foot sole, general achiness in my feet and legs, mild foot burning etc.

After walking around a little I noticed my pain was decreased a little today so I figured I'd try to help out with a few simple chores around the house. My wife has had to take on extra responsibility due to my PN pains and decreased mobility and I wanted to help out with whatever I could. I started by cleaning up the kitchen, washed the dishes, sanitized the counters, put stuff away. I was still feeling ok so I moved on to vacuuming, then dusting, and generally straightening things. I did a few loads of laundry. Well I still felt comfortable on my feet so I got adventurous and mowed the lawn. Then I pulled some weeds, and threw some stuff out from the garage that I've been meaning to get to.

I couldn't believe how much I got done. I was still in discomfort and was constantly aware of my feet the whole time, but it wasn't complete agony like it's been for me in the past few months. I haven't left the house in over a month accept to go to work because walking has just been to difficult. I'm feeling good enough at the moment to go out to dinner with the family tonight! I'll take any relief and reason to smile that I can get at this point.

I'm not sure what I would attribute feeling better to, but it felt good to be mobile. I hope I don't pay for it tomorrow. By no means do I walk or stand without discomfort, but I feel I'm finally moving in the right direction even if its only for a day.
IH8PN,

I had 'one' of those days this past Tuesday. It was the first time I've driven myself anywhere for about 2 months. Did a lot of cleaning around the house and drove my dog to the vet ! By that evening I knew.....I knew as always if I have a good day and do anything I'm going to pay for it......and I have since Tues night. I'm still hurting.......but I've come to feel that it's worth it to feel almost normal for a day....Like you....I can still feel the symptoms in my feet, hands, etc...I know it's there but I'm able to move around and my head is clear.

My daughter is going to have surgery on April 28 and I have to be there......I was given a wheelchair which I have used on occasion but never for as long as I'm going to have to use it in the hospital. I am not looking forward to it. I know I'll be able to walk a little.....probably in pre-op and her room. Just crossing my fingers that it will be a 'good' day.

Being barefoot is the best for me in the house. The only thing I wear on my feet is the slip on's with the Velcro strap across the toes.....when I take them off the little lines on the shoe bottom have made indented lines on the soles of both feet Thank goodness I'm in GA.....I have no idea what I would do if I lived in a cold climate. If I have to use socks I use the very thin foot socks.....of course mine are crazy colors and patterns so I get lots of comments on them from dr's and nurses. I'm business on top.....party on the bottom (dress clothes and crazy socks !)

Thanks for listening.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote