View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 11:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Found some HOPE for me.

Along with idiopathic and sensory neuropathy all over my body I have had really bad stomach pains, pulsations, tremors and twitches. I have seen 15 different doctors and the only thing they had found was an abdominal bruit and a CT scan that showed celiac artery compression syndrome (CACS). I have seen two different surgeons that didn't feel I was a candidate for the surgery as I don't have the typical symptoms of extreme weight loss or excruciating pain after eating. I get uncomfortable any time anything including water enters my stomach and have a really hard time sleeping as my stomach is so upset and throbbing. Both surgeons (one vascular , one general GI) as well as 2 gastro docs and both neurologists told me there is no connection between the stomach and neuropathy and that fixing my stomach will do nothing for helping my nerves. I spend hours every day searching what could help me and which supplements I can take. I have refused ( for the time being) to take pain meds as this motivates me to find a cure. I came acrossed a case study of a person that had nueropathy caused by this CACS and was pain free after the operation. It was suggested in that article that involvement of the celiac splanchnic nerve plexus results in neuropathic pain. I called the surgeon, told him I want him to do it (have heard for 8 years from mny other doctors that this surgeon is one of the best in the country) and that I had researched and found information relating my nueropathy to my CACS and had talked with others that had this CACS (they didn't have nuero issues but we have similar issues). He agreed to do the surgery but wants to visit with me again before. Surgery is May 1. I HOPE this is the answer and I can have my life back. I HOPE!
mrsD (03-28-2014), St George 2013 (03-28-2014)