View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 01:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you AZ-Di, Bram and Russell. I was really scared about the acid in my stomach and up until about four in the morning. Just knowing you cared enough to try to help me meant so much. It helps to know that I'm not alone and have friends who have rsd who truly understand not just the physical but psychological toll it takes on us. I called my surgeon this morning and got the nurse. She said that I shouldn't have acid, but it might be acid reflux and to try prilosec OTC med. My husband is going to pick some up for me after he double checks with pharmacist to make sure it is okay to take with all my other meds. The nurse said if it doesn't help in a few days, to call my endocronologist to get an endoscopy to check for a possible ulcer. Anyway, that's the scoop. I still feel acid but am drinking milk (and eating ice cream) until my husband comes home with the prilosec. Hopefully that will do the trick. If not, I will go back to endo dr and get endoscopy. I was going to anyway after surgery along with the other oscopy. yuk. Better safe than sorry. I still feel sick, but am calmer now because I know it's not my surgery gone wrong, like so many other surgeries have for me in the past. Thank you all again for caring enough to try to help me and I will take all your info to the endo dr with me when I schedule my endooscopy. I hope you are all having a painfree and happy day today. Sincerely, Renee.
PS - Eev, pls don't be hesitant to get your gallbladder surgery because I was scared of the acid in my stomach. I believe it's totally unrelated and even though I have acid, I still feel much better without my gallbladder and what seemed to be about a hundred gallstones. I can eat things I couldn't before like ice cream. If your dr says to do it, then if I were you, I would. It's of course up to you. And second opinions from other drs are good to have too. I don't think my rsd is the reason for the acid either, but will double check with endo dr soon and let you know. So try no to worry. You'll be okay. I will be praying that we all will be rsd free someday soon. With love, Renee.
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (03-29-2014), Hana (03-28-2014)