View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 02:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post Concussion Syndrome?

Hey all, I've been lurking around this forum for some while and thought I would post.

Ever since I can remember I have had chronic headache problems, usually caused by overstimulation (too much computer, reading, music, etc) sometimes they were just random.

About 2 years ago I was walking to school and I slipped on some ice and hit my head. At this time I thought nothing of it, and continued life normally. Throughout the next few weeks I noticed my headaches were much worse and more common, and then realized I may have had a concussion.

I then went to a physician and was diagnosed with a concussion. I immediately limited my activities with ample rest to promote recovery. I was going to the odd class at school.

I lived like this for about 4 months, and developed ear ringing. I then had an MRI done to rule out mass, which showed I had quite a bit of nasal congestion - which can also cause these symptoms.

I have been having allergies from something unknown for a long time now, and I am also in the middle of puberty so those are both alternate causes for my PCS.

I have lived as if I have PCS the last 2 years and not even sure if I have it. I get the odd headache which has always happened to me, and I still have persistent ear ringing.

I am tempted to go for a run or other physically demanding physical exercise to see if that bothers me, but honestly I am scared to.

I also get headaches from being in crowded places, which may simply be because I have isolated myself in my home for about a year now.

Thanks for any replies, I am just extremely confused.
ThomasZan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote