View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 02:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I need help with my neck! Help with MRI if Possible

Here is my story and if someone can help understand my issue it would be greatly appreciated.

MRI results as follow
MRI SPINE CERV W/O CONTRAST
FULL RESULT: PROCEDURE: MR imaging cervical spine without contrast.
TECHNIQUE: Multiplanar, multisequence MR imaging of cervical spine was performed without contrast.
INDICATION: Interscapular pain.
COMPARISON: None available.
FINDINGS: The visualized portion of the pons, medulla, and Vermis are normal. The cervical cord is unremarkable. The bone marrow does not show and significant abnormality.
C2-C3: Negative
C3-C4: Negative
C4-C5: Small to medium size focal left paracentral disc protrusion and/or osteophyte compressing the anterior left thecal sac. No significant foraminal stenosis.
C5-C6 level: Medium to large left posterolateral focal disc protrusion and/or osteophyte compressing the anterior left thecal sac.
C6-C7: Mild annular bulging disc. No foraminal stenosis.
C7-T1: Negative

IMPRESSION:
1. Degenerative disc disease at C4-C5 and C5-C6 as described

Here is what has been done: My pain level before starting the below, most days pain was at worst 8 to 10 but probably the majority of the time was 6 or 7
1. 5 weeks Physical Therapy and seen improvements. Pain levels down to about 4 most of the time. Using traction and all the other tools there.
2. Epidural steroid injection I believe at C6-C7 with maybe a little better but not real sure.

I just talked to the Physician Assistant two days ago and he says it is kind of up to me what the next step is sense we really do not know if the injection helped. I could get another injection, or do a diagnostic thing where they stick little needles in areas and test the nerves or live with it until I am ready for surgery.
I told him I am having issues with pain in the shoulders as the neck is a little better. Could my shoulders be contributing to my neck issues and he says probably not. I sit at a desk all day. On the weekends my pain is much less and when I return for work on Monday it starts getting bad.
I have changed my posture and got a good ergo chair now but have only been using the chair for about 3 days. The neck muscles will not loosen up. I take muscle relaxer and Mobic at night. I feel I am getting better but don’t know what to do next.

If you were me what would you do?
also i will try and attach a sample pic of MRI
Attached Thumbnails
I need help with my neck! Help with MRI if Possible-neck-jpg  
mikeymike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote