Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 03:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

So, feet started going numb today. It probably started before today, but was very obvious today. Especially the right big toe and ball of foot. The left toe too at a lesser degree.

The weird part to is that it's causing more pain. It's like some of the nerves are already dead and the ones that are still around are malfunctioning as a result and everything I walk on feels like rough sandpaper.

This steady progression is very hard to deal with. I'm trying to remain positive but I keep telling my family that I have a bad feeling that I'm not going to be able to walk by the end of the year. Just based on progression to date and mapping out a timeline that is where I'm headed. It's not dramatic, it's the truth.

Unless something happens to halt progression or turn this around. Although let's face it. I can't stand for more than 5-10 minutes at a time anyway so I'm not all that far from being disabled as I type this. The only problem is that it's not measurable at this point, so I can't even prove my handicap. I feel all alone today. Not one of my better days.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote