View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
Oh Good, good! There you are!

So sorry to hear about the paralyzation, good grief. I do know what that feels like though. Was that way for me when i woke from my 2004 surgery and stayed that way for a week, but only from the waist down. Can’t imagine from the chest down. Wow Tessa, so sorry hon. I agree w/ you about those who endure those challenges daily. Anyway, glad that got that worked out and you can use your hands and arms again.

Yikes, an eight hour wait? ugh! You’re amazing! What a trooper. Perhaps after they bathe the nerves in the analgesic for a bit they will calm down more and you will see even more relief. But for now.. Yes, that’s fantastic that you got a few hours of uninterrupted sleep, in a hospital no less. You poor thing, yes.. you need rest badly. I hope you get more today. Sleep deprivation sucks and exacerbates everything.

I hope today goes more smoothly too Tessa. Goodness, what a patient woman you are. My hat is off to you! I’ll say it again... amazing! Keep fighting T, Keep fighting! I’ll be looking forward to another update!

Omg! You crack me UP!! huktonfonix ...lmao! me either <sigh> I hope you have a good night tonight hon. ((((((Big Hugs))))
Hey Vrae,

Thank you Vrae and Renee!! I am doing better now. Rough night and morning but it wasn't anything we didn't expect. Finding the perfect balance is going to be a challenge but, I am confident enough in my doctors that we will do it!!

lol.. I wanted to message you and post more but my fingers and arms just wouldn't work. My heart especially goes out to those of us who suffer with CRPS in the hands and fingers - I will do whatever I can possibly do,to help create awareness and or find a cure. My doctor and his ARNP spent a great deal of time this morning discussing the many affects of CRPS with several nurses who are caring for me. They were fascinated and blown away to not only hear about it but to see first hand the severity of it.

I have so many funny and eye-opening stories to share with you guys when I can focus a little better.

Vrae - I couldn't do this without you!! You have inspired me, you keep me focused and you crack me up when I don't think anything could possibly make me smile - love ya for sure!!

Update on condition: After being so numb that I couldn't even feel myself peeing (pardon) all over everything. I am now walking down the corridors, peddling with mobile PT peddles and working with thera-bands. lol.. I haven't pee'd myself in 4.5 hours so the nurses are much happier now.. haha. Seriously though, I felt so bad for them and for me! Oh well the amazing part isn't the falling I do along this journey it is the moments where we get to rejoice in little triumphs. So today my triumph is that I can tolerate my legs being exposed to the air, to touch either from me or someone else and I can walk without limping Yipee Yahoo!! Those are huge things for me and a reason to rejoice!! For those of you who need a little inspiration today go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8VoUYtx0kw makes me want to get up and dance!

Thanks again ya' all - you really do make a huge difference in my life!!
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eevo61 (04-20-2014), Hana (03-30-2014), PamelaJune (03-28-2014), RSD ME (03-28-2014), tos8 (03-28-2014), Vrae (03-28-2014)