View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC513 View Post
Hi, Anki!
I have a 5x10mm colloid cyst that I have also chosen to monitor, though my doctors have said they will remove it when I am ready. They found it last April and had another MRI in October. No growth, and still just mild hydrocephalus showing in my left ventricle. My symptoms are currently mild. It does make me nervous to wait, but I am more nervous about surgery.
I'm trying to get a referral to see the surgeons at UPMC in Pittsburg, PA. They do a special kind of endoscopic surgery that is less invasive than craniotomy and I am hoping I will be a good candidate for that. I wonder if anyone in Canada also does something similar, if that would be an option for your case. I know some cases require craniotomy in order to get all of the cyst removed.
How are you feeling?
Hi, thank you for your reply! I had a CT scan in March and the cyst is stable, same the hydro. However I fell more and more presure in my head and I'm becoming quite anxious. In the meantime, two othe neurosurgeons (one from Anadolu clinic in Turkey and another garanteed experienced from Romania) have recomended microsurgery intercallosal approach. I will go with endoscopic at St Michaels Toronto, sometime in June (just had the appointment this week). Your cyst would not be removed here, as they start operating on over 1cm only (if no symptoms). Mine is border, so they will do it...I'm very anxious too...thanks again, and all the best! I'll keep posting when I have news.
Anki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote