View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 06:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Have any of you ever considered going to a chiropractor for pain relief without drugs?

My recent MRI had revealed that I have several disc herniations and spinal cord impingement with C6 and C7 being the worse.

And that for years my C1 (Atlas) and C2 (Axis) never stays in place. Getting worse as years have gone by.

I have gone to a chiropractor since 1999 for my lumbar L4, L5 and S1 issues.

I now have had a Thoracic MRI and Cervical MRI and they showed T4 is herniated and again C1, C2, C3, C4, C6 and C7 are really messed up. To say the least.

My current chiropractor had suggested that I try cervical decompression. Where they decompress the cervical spine with slow mechanical movements. It is painless and actually I go to sleep for the 5 to 7 minutes that I am having it done, lol. It has helped me tremendously. My migraines are eased and I can sleep better than I have in a long while.

Mind you that I have been dx with RRMS too.

I have recently been talking with my old chiropractor from where I used to live and she has been a Godsend to say the least.

She suggested that I would benefit from seeing a Upper Cervical Chiropractor (they xray you standing upright) They are able to see problems of the cervical spine differently as opposed to lying down the conventional way.

I recently was able to buy a great read on this very subject. "The Downside of Upright Posture" by Michael Flannagan, D.C. ($24.95)

It is so informative and is an easy read. I can't put it down. It was talking to me to a T!!! Best money I ever spent.

Mind you, I have had no success with neuro's and my reg PCP on why my face was going numb and how I lost partial vision in my right eye. They still think it is from the MS as the optic neuritis keeps recurring.

While I have lesions on my spine (reason for RRMS dx) ... I wonder how much my neck has played a role in this and could it actually be from not enough blood supply going to my brain.

I never believed in chiropractic until about 1999 when a good friend from work had found relief from his painful back.

I exercise as much as I can and I stretch ALOT. Recently I have changed my diet. Gluten free, a little at a time, to see if I see any changes in how I feel.

Can't hurt ... and wouldn't it be LOVELY ... if just this simple change can take some or all of our pain away .. without the use of drugs? Drugs are toxic to the rest of the body. Mmmm something to ponder on.

Praying for pain free days ahead
God Bless
Str*
Strhuntrss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Diandra (03-31-2014), PamelaJune (03-28-2014)