Thread: Thank You
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 09:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Maureen...

I feel for you so much.I have always advocated with my own situation,that it is far harder for the carer than it is for the sufferer sometimes.Indeed I am glad it is this way round in my own family.My time and energy is spent in getting on with coping strategies,therefore I am busy doing that.The onlookers have such a hard task,both physically and emotionally.You must have days when your support,your suggestions,your encouragement seems to be falling on deaf ears and the loss to you is as great as the loss to your husband.I don`t know how long he has been diagnosed but until he comes to terms with this cruel disease,then for a while,things might be like this.

I try to see events as "seasons." They change and ebb and flow,and I am sure this is purely a transitionary period.There will be improvement.
But meanwhile,someone so very rightly said,you owe it to yourself to have YOU time...to have a friend you let out to...to have a time when you vent your fears and anger...to not give up the stuff you enjoy.
I think guilt plays a sinister hand in these situation s.
I felt guilty for a while that I had brought this on to my family.Guilt from my family that I had got this and not they.
It is indeed a testing time...but with support,not least from here,you will make it through to brighter days.

Thinking of you.
Steff
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote