View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewie View Post
I got more relief from vitamins and supplements and diet than any pain meds. I tried to focus on healing the nerves. It was working for awhile until I was feeling good and went back to eating what I shouldn't have been and now I am paying the price. It takes alot to figure out what works for you and also costs alot to find what supplements help. I have bottles and bottles of supplements I can't even use due to side affects from them. If you don't know what is causing it, trying to rid your body of inflammation and boosting antioxidants is not going to hurt. I also began getting nueropathy last september. I have spent many many hours searching and got alot of help from this site. I take the generic of slo mag which is mag 64 and take 2 in the morning and 2 at night. my nerves are worse if I miss a dose. Do some searching to reduce inflammation and boosting antioxidants. Gluten and sugar don't help. Also anything that is toxic to nerves may make things worse. I had to quit all drinking of alcohol and can't have anything supplemented with b6 (Pyridoxine) including breakfast cereals and multivitamins as it made things worse for me. There are more in depth threads that talk about supplements. I can list what I take for you if you need me too. Everyone is different though and take differnet things.
Thanks Lewie! I'm going to watch what I eat more careful, but I don't eat junk food. My husband and I cook everyday at home. I probably drink soda once a month, alcohol just casual on the weekends. It is just hard to find the reason for this. It is just frustrated to know that last summer I was able to play sand volleyball, play tennis, lift weights and now I can't do anything...
Jtroyke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote