View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
This is how my hypothyroidism affected my hands and feet.
I'd really get that thyroid checked. In my case I was hypo, with borderline testing results for many years, until I had a radioactive uptake and my right sided goiter manifested.

If you took in the past or are taking RX prescribed drugs that are on the PN list as causers, then you will have to stop them.

Fluoroquinolones like Cipro, Levaquin and Avelox damage people after the fact...and recovery is not expected. Macrodantin may reverse according to studies. Flagyl also causes grief, and even white spots on the brain resembling MS!

Vaccines also may cause problems in people with hereditary links to developing autoimmune issues.

Foods can be a trigger...and gluten from wheat is the most common.

Have you been to a good podiatrist, and have had Xrays of the ankles, and feet including the sesamoids? Sesamoid damage is common in athletes and people who hike, or wear high heels.

Vegans may become low in B12 and many people are low in Vit D so getting those tested, and getting your numbers of the results to compare with the new guidelines for both nutrients, is important. Magnesium is the 3rd most common problem and many people are low in this also, due to poor dietary habits.
Fixing these nutrients which I call the Big Three often help many people.
MrsD I did check my tyroide around July. The found that I had some nodules. I did some blood work in back sept and my endocrinologist gave me levothyroxine 0.075 to take. Do you think this can be the cause? I'm going to call my endocrinologist on Monday.

I don't think any other prescription drugs only birth control.

Last December I had flu shot.

I went to the podiatry first because I thought it was a simple injury from the high heels. She thought I had tarsal tunnel inflation. She did the X-ray of my feet and everything was ok. After that I went to see a neurologist because my feet were getting worst and worst.

For sure I'm going to call the doctor to test the nutrients because any doctor asked me to do that.

Thanks a lot

Ps: sorry for my bad English. I'm from Brazil and I live in USA for 8 years.
Jtroyke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote