View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 02:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Chronic Pain and Guilt

Hi All,

I deal with guilt relating to my health issues and I wanted to know how you all deal with it.

I feel bad I cannot do many of the things I used to. As you all know, there is an endless minutiae of tasks that need to be accomplished daily, weekly to run a home and family and a life. I am woefully behind in all of them and feel terrible that I cannot keep up. I am also one of those people who, if I said I was going to do something, I do it....when I have to cancel, I feel especially bad.

My husband has to pick up ALOT of the slack and my elderly Mom does not get all the help and TLC she needs, despite me hiring a part-time companion. They never complain, they are very helpful and sympathetic...the guilt is all mine.

This week, my husband took 5 days off work for a little birthday vacation.
I did force myself to go out to dinner the night of his birthday, but, today, could not even manage going out to the movies. (This week has been a very bad flare for me.) All I ever do is apologize to him and everyone else and I try to make it up to them when feeling better.

Would love to hear how you all feel and deal with this issue.
Thanks so much, Diandra

P.S. I am asking the favor that, Please don't let this be a thread where 250 view it but only 3 respond. Anyone with Chronic pain will have an opinion or feeling about this and this forum works best for everyone when we are sharing , not just taking. Everyone's opinion is valuable, truly.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (06-19-2014), Hockey (05-19-2014), MsEva_EMS (05-19-2014), Rrae (03-29-2014), shelbie4u (06-15-2014), St George 2013 (03-30-2014)