Thread: Thank You
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 09:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks, Steffi

I didn't see your response when I replied to Dottie & Carolyn. Thank you, too Steffi, I always love reading your posts. I can only hope that what you say is true and that this will pass. Rich was diagnosed in June of '05. He never told me that his right arm and hand were growing weaker. His leg did drag, but he thought it was because he was always in pain from his back because his prostate was always bothering him. In October '03 he had a bad heart attack and I sometimes try to think if he was dragging his leg before or what. I guess it's a moot issue now anyway. I know that while he was weaker physically, he did not change mentally until August '05. And it was sudden. He thought our phones were tapped, he was followed, that his company had put people in the house down the road from us to watch him. My mother had a stroke the early part of August that year and he even went to the hospital with her. The following week he was really sick with another prostate infection and he called in sick. Wouldn't you know it, the hospital wanted my mother discharged to a nursing home at that same time. I did not want her to be taken in the ambulance without me because she is almost blind and 93. So Rich drove me in to the hospital so I could accompany her. I would never have asked him if I thought it would impair him in any way. The next day he went to the doctor to see about his prostate infection and swears that a car from his company was on our street watching him. That was the beginning of the end. I have bored everyone enough so I will end this saga now. I had only hoped that after almost two years and psychiatrists, neurologists, etc. that he would be in a better place mentally. In some ways he is because at least he's not chanting out loud anymore. Now he only remains on the sofa, silent. He has tried to return to work, but it's been so very hard for him and let's face it, they no longer want him there. Can't say I blame them. He will be there for almost 28 years in August and if you retire before 30 years, they penalize you tremendously. But at this juncture, there may be no other choice left. He is also very fatigued and that doesn't help. I try to encourage him to exercise for his heart and his Parkinson's, but every response from him is the same - - I will, tomorrow.
Two weeks ago, I took him to a different neurologist who was recommended to us. We really liked him. So he started to question Rich about why he was on antipsychotic drugs, etc. When Rich told him about his paranoia regading his job, the dr. said that was probably unlikely - - they would not be spending much money following him around. However, when the dr. asked Rich who he worked for and Rich told him, the dr. said, oh, maybe you'r right. They have cameras and are involved with homeland security, etc. so they probably were watching you. Can you believe this!!! I think he was trying to be a little funny; however, I am married to Mr. PARANOID!!!
Anyway, I have taken us off the subject of this thread - - the simple thank you that we all need once in a while to know we are appreciated and cared for. And I want all of you to know that I truly appreciate everyone of you and I do care that the best is yet ahead for everyone who is part of this fabulous community.
Many, many thanks.

P.S., Steffi, I wish I could meet your son. He is a chip off the old (no, not you) block.

Maureen
Maureen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote