View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 10:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
I told my doc at my recent visit that a couple (maybe 3) times a month, I end up putting on a new patch at about 60 hours rather than 72. Depends if I've been exherting myself & pain spikes, or like you said, predisposing myself to higher temps, which will drain the patch quicker... He surprised me by giving me TWO extra patches this time! What a pleasant surprise .
It IS hard to make 10 patches last 30 days. Putting on a new patch 12 hrs early a couple times a month uses up one extra day.....if there are 31 days in the month, well that works against us....so it's very easy to fall short somewhere along the line, thus suffering w/d symptoms for a period of time.
Also by day 3, I begin to get pretty severe depression symptoms and anxiety. I just hate the fact that my life seems to revolve around these patches, but at the same time I'm very grateful to have this pain management.

At one point a couple years ago, I was prescribed for every 48 hours. Absolutely NO room for withdrawal symptoms in that case, which of course is very nice, but that's keeping a pretty heavy stream of fentanyl in the system....not to mention the extra cost.
You're right, it is a very individualized thing.
Dear Rrae,i was on Fentanyl in 2007-2009 and after so many other combos i now am on it (fentanyl) again.Also Oxycodone and of course Diaezpam.I never knew i could get an odd number of patches such as 12!This will totally change my world( kind of)i just show up a few days before they front desk wants me to.When i make an appointment I ask for a 27-28 day stay!A pizza or a two for one coupon at a great restaurant goes a long way in a tourist town!I demanded to see my Doctor not the P.A as she is 34 tears younger and must have been dropped on her head by a hippie!(i have real long hair)I was also told that i had to be on a 31 day plan and to stretch my medicine?How to you stretch Fentanyl?Good trick Mrs Copperfield!So thank you for the information 12 it is!Have a great pain-free week!Peace RD
Rocker Dan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (07-27-2015), Rrae (03-29-2014)