View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 12:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi everybody,

I've been using Lyrica for 5 years now. I use it for Fibromialgy and for my general anxiety disorder.

Life has been GREAT with lyrica and I've almost become fearless with it. I've had a good life with it and NO side effects whatsoever.

But now I've moved from Holland Europe to Florida and the insurance company here doesn't cover. So i thougt......well i quit cause I'm happy and no stress and anxiety and thus no problem.

Well.....that seems like a big big mistake. My husband has bought GABA, but that doesnt help. When I don't take the Lyrica, something happens with my DOPAMINE. i have no motivation to do anything and i cant sleep. I have severe burning sensation in my feet too.

I feel empty and all.

My husband suggest that i should take NEURONTIN/GABAPENTIN instead. That is a lot cheaper and he thinks that it works more or less the same way.

Does anyone know more about that?

I have come of many addictions before; benzo's, speed, anti depressant, alcohol. So i am some sort of withdrawal expert. But LYRICA is the hardest of all.

It has a PSYSICAL addiction and PSYSICAL withdrawal despite that docters say that isnt true. I'm a nurse myself and i know darn well that this is just as hard as coming off HEROIN OR OXYCONTIN.

Im not giving up though. At some point it must get better. Tomorrow I'm gonna start quiting again. I have enough Lyrica to last me 4 months. And then it's simply GONE.
martine1975 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote