View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 10:09 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Just thinking out loud

Just thinking as I am typing, but I remember Dr togut telling us why so many have chest pain and in the ER it is to rule out the ehart or why the TOS gives us the pain.

I remember him explaining about the spasms in the chest and tightness in some TOS victims. This tightness makes a compression and creates pressure against the ribs, chest wall, so presses against many structures under the chest wall.
So difficulty breatheing, and I was wondering then about compression the sympathetic nerve..if this was being "strangled" as the chest wall is pressing in on the nerves, it could affect distant parts of the bodies sympathetic nervous system.

Another thought too, some of the psych meds used for nerve pain, have a small instance of core body temp influance. De would spike fevers.
I wonder if the body temp is being affected it directs blod flow from the distant appendages and to the body organs, Like when someone had a hypertherma problems.First to get frost bite are fingers and toes.

When you feel this Shelly, can you try to get your heart rate up and see if you warm them up? Maybe just a walk up the steps and down, or run in place a moment, or walk? It sounds like what ever is causing it is poor siculation and if you could find something to revers that it would warm you up.

I like the hottub, it gives deep to the bone warming affects. I can do my range of motion in there too. Gets the ehart pupming too. I don;t have it filled right now, and it is so much easier to get in and out of the shower, but a saok in the bath with tons of bubbles, warms me too,

Oh, the dollar stores have a peppermint foot lotion. I use that summer and winter, Great feeling on the feet.

Hope you find relief,
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote