View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 09:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am so very happy to hear that you are still doing well.

I agree that the best thing (for me anyway) is learning what your limits are and living within those limits. I still push myself to always surpass those limits and gradually I see improvement over time...but being realistic and honest with myself about what I can and cannot do has greatly improved my ability to function throughout the day at a "normal" level.

I also think that over time...we adjust how we perceive the pain. For me...what I would classify a pain level of 6 at today probably would have been a 12 before I had RSD. As you go through this nasty disorder I think you really alter your idea of what real pain is because (at least for me) I could not even imagine what this sort of pain would feel like prior to experiencing it. As time went on...I learned new meanings for a 10 on the pain scale and then what I USED to think was a 10 wasn't nearly so bad. I've definitely learned to cope with pain over these past 5 years (feels like it's been forever).

It's really the combination of those two things (plus a great support system at home and a lot of things in my life that are really wonderful) that make living a more "normal" life possible in spite of the RSD. Don't get me wrong...this is not the life I would ever have pictured for myself and the pain flat out sucks...but there's a lot that I am grateful for.

I'm so glad you continue to get better and I hope you reach your goal of returning to work full time.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (03-30-2014), daylilyfan (03-30-2014), Lottie (03-30-2014)